[Market-farming] Epson Salts for Crops

Sharon and Steve shopkins at tdstelme.net
Thu Apr 26 06:12:54 EDT 2007

>I plan to broadcast it like granular fertilizer.  The Epson Salt Council
> http://www.epsomsaltcouncil.org/garden_usage_tips.htm recommends 1 cup per
> 100 square feet.  An acre has 48,560 square feet.  I'd guess that would be
> couple of 50 lb. bags per acre.
>
> TxBeeFarmer
What does your soil test say about mg? Mine says I am at 11.4 when 10 -25 is
optimum; so I am not going to buy any bags of anything before I try a pound
or two and see the result.

If you are going to be irrigating you mught want to check your water also.
One of the chemical guys came to our greenhouse growers club meeting and
spent the evening on the value of ca in Poinsettia production and that we
should be adding enoughcalcium nitrate to get 250ppm in our water. When I
got home and checked my water test I found I had 249ppm and that was a place
where I for once did not need to spend money.

MAsteveINE