[Market-farming] Corn Mazes

Rose Hill Plantation 1corey at bellsouth.net
Mon Apr 23 20:53:16 EDT 2007

Brigette,

Thanks for all the advice.  We are on the farm my family actually settled a couple hundred years ago in South Carolina.  This farm has been a dairy farm for most of its years, but now it is an organic u-pick farm.  So we have considered liability issues obviously doing u-pick already, and we have a gift shop on the farm that has restrooms.  I am assuming the article was pertaining to issues of people being in the maze if it caught on fire? I missed that article - we do have a very large field area around it, and we use a huge overhead pivot for irrigation in that field, so at least we have that.  I do know of one other farm in our county (on the other end of the county) that does a maze each year, so I am assuming it will be okay, but I will definitely check on that.  Again, thanks for the input!

Pam
Rose Hill Plantation