[Market-farming] rural markets

Brigette Leach avalonfarmshomegrown at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 18 13:51:45 EDT 2007

Lynn,
Are the organizations you mention membership based? Or are they part of
a governmental entity? Please tell me more. What type of programs? What
are the demographics of the area your market is in?

I hear you when you are questioning the time, expense and energy you've
devoted to a market. It does take a great effort to establish a new
market. But then again, it also takes a lot to revive one that is
struggling. How many vendors do you have and what would be your ideal
number? Are stalls for non-food items allowed? What are the fees?

Thanks for the time you've taken to comment,
Brigette
Avalon Farms Homegrown
www.avalonfarmshomegrown.com