[Market-farming] Kerosene

Sharon and Steve shopkins at tdstelme.net
Fri Apr 6 12:51:26 EDT 2007

You will probably be okay, you did not mention what type of heater
it is but assuming it looks like a tube sitting horizontal on top of the oil
tank here are some thoughts.

Ventilate well before entering after it has been running.

A small unit running constant is better than a large one running on a
thermostat as starting and stopping are the "dirty" part of the process.

There is a danger of burning all the oxygen and causing heater failure, or
enough of the oxygen to cause a dirty burn; take a 10' length of 3or 4 inch
pipe and have one end outdoors and the other real close to the back end of
the heater.

Use a good grade of kerosene, not diesel or furnace oil.

MAsteveINE