[Market-farming] hard freeze

TxBeeFarmer TxBeeFarmer at HotPop.com
Tue Apr 3 22:42:51 EDT 2007

An old trick in orchards is to turn the sprinklers on.  If the plants are
covered with ice, they will have little or no damage.  But for flowers, the
ice may be too heavy and cause damage by the weight.  Perhaps you could turn
the water off before the weight is too great.  Smudge pots or smoky fires
have been used with some success too, but this is in orchards.  I'd guess
you don't have too much to loose by trying.

TxBeeFarmer
West Texas Zone 7b