[Market-farming] dream tiller

Robert Schuler sunnfarm at verizon.net
Sat Sep 30 10:17:55 EDT 2006

I use a 60" Howard Rotavator. I don't know if they still make them. I bought mine 33 years ago for $2000 which is like 10 grand in today's money. I have pulled it through over 2000 acres and its still in great shape. All it ever needs are new blades every 100 acres, an occasional weld to the skids and a new drive chain every 10 years...
A disc and a tiller are like apples and oranges, you need both, anyone who tries to get by with one suffers for not having the other.
I weigh my 7ft disc with 4-100 pound tractor front end weights which you can find out back in the weeds around any tractor dealer... Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.