[Market-farming] dream tiller

Kelly Saxer kellysaxer at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 29 20:22:42 EDT 2006

I'm with you, "TxBeeFarmer"!  I have a Woods 3 point tiller that I used for
a couple years before I just got sick of it.  All it took was one big rock
to put the thing out of commission for a while until I could come up with
the money to take it in for repair...then there's the maintenance (oil,
etc.).  Everytime I used it, I just kept saying under my breath "please
don't break, please don't break"...:)  Also, I didn't have good luck using
it to till in leftover stalks, etc.  Things like vines, bean plants, etc.
just get wound up in the tines.  So, I've completely retired my tiller in
lieu of a Gearmore offset disc (which is 3 point).   It tears through
anything, digs down as deep as the tiller ever did, and after several passes
it smooths out the soil well enough for me to use my bedshaper.

Just my opinion...

Kelly
Desert Roots Farm
Queen Creek, AZ