[Market-farming] Drip Tape was Fall sales slump

Robert Schuler sunnfarm at verizon.net
Fri Sep 22 20:08:44 EDT 2006

Drippers point up when layed on the surface under plastic mulch but under the soil I felt that the drippers could drain sediment easier pointing down. If drippers could be set sideways that would solve everything....
Sandea has tomatoes on the standard label a suppmental label is not needed. Sandea did a fine job, as of today I have no broadleaf weeds except some lambsquarters remaining in the patch. A lot of grass took over after harvest, Sandea is week on grass weeds.. Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.

I think the drip tape manufacturers tell us to put the emitters up.  I
think the reasoning is that particles will travel down bottom of the
tube and eventually get flushed out rather than hung up in the
emitters.

Did you get my off-list query on Sandea?  I asked about use on tomatoes
and whether you had a supplemental label on it.

--
Willie, ONWARD!  Through the fog!
Debian3.1/GNU/Linux system uptime  186 days 18 hours 10 minutes