[Market-farming] Drip Tape was Fall sales slump

Willie McKemie mf at austinfarm.org
Thu Sep 21 12:19:35 EDT 2006

On Thu, Sep 21, 2006 at 10:45:35AM -0500, Robert Schuler wrote:
> I went back to using overhead sprinklers but have used buried drip in the past. I cut a furrow with a single disc hiller 3-4" deep, lay tape with the holes facing down and cover with the same disc hiller. It works extremely well and hand hoeing is easy since we never dig deeper than a inch. Tape pulls out easy on my sandy loam though I always used 10 mill, I don't know how well thinner tape will pull up on heavier soils. If you have drip-tape recycling in your area it might be rejected from being too dirty... Bob.

I think the drip tape manufacturers tell us to put the emitters up.  I
think the reasoning is that particles will travel down bottom of the
tube and eventually get flushed out rather than hung up in the
emitters.

Did you get my off-list query on Sandea?  I asked about use on tomatoes
and whether you had a supplemental label on it.

--
Willie, ONWARD!  Through the fog!
Debian3.1/GNU/Linux system uptime  186 days 18 hours 10 minutes