[Market-farming] Drip Tape was Fall sales slump

Robert Schuler sunnfarm at verizon.net
Thu Sep 21 11:45:35 EDT 2006

I went back to using overhead sprinklers but have used buried drip in the past. I cut a furrow with a single disc hiller 3-4" deep, lay tape with the holes facing down and cover with the same disc hiller. It works extremely well and hand hoeing is easy since we never dig deeper than a inch. Tape pulls out easy on my sandy loam though I always used 10 mill, I don't know how well thinner tape will pull up on heavier soils. If you have drip-tape recycling in your area it might be rejected from being too dirty... Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.