[Market-farming] Political or Religious groups at Market (Patrick Mulkey)

sora at coldreams.com sora at coldreams.com
Tue Sep 19 13:17:46 EDT 2006

 The Town pressured us to change but we compromised and there
> is
> a side walk coming into our market where anyone can setup a table(s) and
> push their opinions. We call the area free speech zone but we do not
> advertise it. The market manager direct those groups to that spot when
> they
> arrive. I have noticed folks putting flyers on cars but we consider that
> outside the market area. There are customers who wear shirts and buttons
> as
> they shop and candidates who will walk around the market from time to time
> but we restrict campaigning. Vendors may and do display material but that
> is
> a personal decision. Hope this helps.

Believe me...at this point anything helps!  When you say "we restrict
campaigning"...exactly how is that done?
We have political parties who want to set up bake sales as fund raisers,
do any of your people in the free speech area actually sell anything?
Are they charged fees like the vendors?
                             Many many thanks   Sora