[Market-farming] News on e-coli outbreak

Wiediger, Alison alison.wiediger at hart.kyschools.us
Mon Sep 18 10:24:49 EDT 2006

This is good news for the organic product!

Local is still better.  So many of our customers Saturday expressed
their appreciation that they can count on us for quality food.  Wish our
spinach was ready - but our mesclun had very strong sales.

"Natural Selection Foods LLC, the country's largest grower of organic
produce, said late Sunday that manufacturing codes from packages of
spinach that infected patients turned over to health officials all were
from non-organic spinach. Natural Selection packages both organic and
conventionally grown spinach in separate areas at its San Juan Bautista
plant."

http://famulus.msnbc.com/famulusgen/ap09-18-064405.asp?t=apnew&vts=91820
060706

Alison Wiediger, Au Naturel Farm