[Market-farming] Market-farming GAP

Robert Schuler sunnfarm at verizon.net
Sat Sep 16 10:55:16 EDT 2006

GAP's look like a watered down version of Third Party Certification. Google TPC and you will find a lot of useful information. We had TPC here for the last 5 years or so, it only applied to the wholesale grower shippers and was mostly voluntary. I got away from wholesale at the same time so I don;t know how far along the program is today. TPC is a good idea and should apply to everyone who sells food to the public. TPC was supposed to prevent for example the present outbreak of E coli which could harm the credibility of everyone who grows and sells food to the public... Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.