[Market-farming] Market-farming GAP

road's end farm organic101 at linkny.com
Fri Sep 15 19:54:12 EDT 2006

On Sep 15, 2006, at 1:58 PM, nancy a parker wrote:

> Will these rules apply to the Farm Market producers also? \Our market
> just got in the WIC program so I assume certification will be required?
> Nancy, Sulphur Hill Farm garden
it. I'll post on the list (after I bounce off the ceiling) if they tell
me it's necessary.

That said, wash your hands and test your produce wash water. It's a
good idea.

Sure wish I had some spinach to sell right now -- it would be a great
chance for one version of the why-to-buy-locally-grown rap. Somebody
somewhere in the mass market food system didn't wash their hands or
didn't test the wash water and now there are people sick in eight
states and the headlines are telling everybody not to eat bagged
spinach. They don't know where the contaminated spinach came from, at
least so far; only organic growers have to do audit trail. (Sigh.)