[Market-farming] Pint clamshells

Petersons family petersns at whidbey.com
Tue Sep 12 23:11:53 EDT 2006

Has anyone tried out the clamshells made from corn?  I use cellophane
bags that are compostable for most of our market items, but there are
some vegetables/fruits that would display better in the clamshell.  I
wish I could just forget the packaging, but it's amazing how much
better even tomatoes sell, if they are in a package of some kind.
Below is the website and description for the clamshells I've been
considering.

http://www.brenmarco.com/supermarket/SUPERMARKET%20LARGE%20PAGES/
natureworkclamshell.htm
"Compostable hinged clamshell containers are designed to keep
perishables fresher, longer because of a superior seal you won't find
on conventional clamshell containers. Made from 100% renewable
resources. Environmental message will appeal to customers."

Molly Petersons
Molly's Island Garden
Whidbey Island, WA