[Market-farming] New member

Willie McKemie mf at austinfarm.org
Fri Sep 8 06:35:03 EDT 2006

> Right now we are struggling through the drought, and the critters that
> keep chewing up our drip lines. We can't turn the drip on without walking
> every single line looking for holes. If anyone has any suggestions for
> deterring these water starved creatures I would sure appreciate it!

If your line chewers are rabbits or rodents, you can give them water as
Bill suggests.  I have used bowls, such as dog water bowls, set into
the ground at the ends of drip tape runs.  If you use auto drain
valves, they will supply enough water to the bowls.  If not, you can
install an emitter for each bowl.  That's not a cure, but it will
probably help.

I've gotten stories from all over central Texas of wells going dry.  I
look forward to next year's complaints of too much water.

--
Willie, ONWARD!  Through the fog!
Debian3.1/GNU/Linux system uptime  173 days 12 hours 22 minutes