[Market-farming] Tomato problem

Robert Schuler sunnfarm at verizon.net
Fri Sep 1 19:56:33 EDT 2006

From: Robert Schuler <sunnfarm at verizon.net>
Date: 2006/09/01 Fri PM 01:07:33 CDT
To: Market Farming <market-farming at lists.ibiblio.org>
Subject: Re: Re: [Market-farming] Tomato problem

What you have is called bacterial spot. Once this gets in your garden it lives on in the soil, on your stakes and if you save seed it lives dormant on the seed until next year. Picking from infected plants spreads the bacteria to the next plant. There is nothing much you can do except sterilize your stakes, Clorox soak your saved seed and rotate your garden out of tomatoes for at least three years...Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.