[Market-farming] Tillers

Robert Schuler sunnfarm at verizon.net
Tue Oct 10 10:24:50 EDT 2006

One misleading thing about roto tillers that you should keep in mind when making a purchase is that they come in two forms. One type is for primary tillage and can do everything even tilling under trees and shattering rocks. The other and the most common on the market today are secondary tillage machines. These are for making seed beds after plowing or chopping debris after harvest or tilling a green manure crop into the top two inches of soil before plowing with a moldboard... I see less primary tillage machines today because they have priced themselves out of the market so if you see an affordable new tiller for sale its probably a secondary type machine... Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.