[Market-farming] Bats for cucumber beetles

Robert Schuler sunnfarm at verizon.net
Thu Nov 30 18:27:10 EST 2006

My bats nest, roost, hangout? on a wood beam two inches below the tin roof of my corn crib that I converted to a machine shed. Imagine spending 15 hours a day with your head up against a hot tin roof. The bats like to look down and watch me work during the day. They poop all over my tractors and I have become somewhat of an expert of what they eat since I have to hose off the tractors every day. Bat poop is almost completely made up of hard insect shells like wings, leaving me to think that beetles are their main prey... Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton NJ.