[Market-farming] Certified scales

Home Grown Kansas! hgkansas at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 28 13:51:47 EST 2006

I don't believe that it is.  We have our scales certified at a local scale merchant each year for $45.  We have also found some nice used scales at shops, other vendors and on-line.

  Elzie & Pat Randleas
  Home Grown Kansas!  LLC

Sue Wells <farmersue at hughes.net> wrote:
                Why is it so hard to have certified scales? I know they are expensive, but worth it. I bought a nice scale before this season started and they are wonderful. I called the state to get them certified, and they told me they would come to the Farmers Market and certify them, which they never did. I will call again next Spring.
  I think weighing is critical in many things. I think it is more fair for the customers and for us. Cucumbers, squash I charge for each one at a set price.
  Sue