[Market-farming] vegetables,cucumbers

frshstrt at baldwin-telecom.net frshstrt at baldwin-telecom.net
Fri Nov 17 12:31:37 EST 2006

I grew "Diva" this year for the first time and will not grow anything
else!  I planted it on a spot with a good amount of well rotted manure
and the production was prolific with a minimum of watering in our
drought.  Taste was excellent with no peeling and few if any seeds.
Some favorite other veggies are "Contender" green beans, nice and
straight and good production.  Tomatoes,  love "Amish Paste" , "Early
Goliath", "Golden Girl, "Big Mama", and favorite all-purpose is'Big
Beef'.  I don't grow too many heirlooms since my market customers like a
regular tomato.  I grew Burpee's 'Red Lightning and the taste was
horrid.  Nice orange and red stripes but I grow for production and
taste.  I may give some varieties another chance since this year may not
have been the best year for some varieties anyway.  Lu in Wis