[Market-farming] Post-Harvest Handling of Fall Greens

Pat Meadows pat at meadows.pair.com
Fri Nov 17 10:01:27 EST 2006

On Fri, 17 Nov 2006 07:40:54 -0500, you wrote:

>As you can imagine, we do not have a produce cooler and, in the
>regular growing season, never feel a need for it because we harvest
>and deliver within a couple of hours.
>
>Any suggestions?

I'm still harvesting chard too.

When I pick chard, I put the stems in a bucket of water (the same as I
would flowers).  It seems to stay better that way.

Pat

-- Northern Pennsylvania
'Every one of us can do something to protect and care for our
planet. We should live in such a way that makes a
future possible.' - Thich Nhat Hanh