[Market-farming] cucumbers

Allan Balliett aballiett at frontiernet.net
Fri Nov 17 08:03:32 EST 2006

I'd appreciate some growing tips on cucumbers! (for example, do you
pinch Divas back?) Things like bed preparation, side-dressing, and so
on. In hoophouse and in the field. I know so many people who produce
massive amounts of cukes, but I'm not one of them!

Last year I even did the 'two feet of old manure beneath the cucumber
hill' that old gardening books recommend and probably had the worst
harvest we ever have had! (And yet a friend of mine once told me that
he paid for his first hoophouse with one season of early cuke
harvesting!)

Thanks

-Allan