[Market-farming] Market-farming Digest, Vol 42, Issue 20

Paul Bucciaglia pbucciaglia at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 25 14:40:02 EDT 2006

Hi,

  I don't think it is heaven sent.  In my rock free sandy loam it works ok as a tine weeder (but I liked the original Lely better).  The other attachments for it are really brute force culivator tools--big 'ol side knives, hillers, and sweeps that I don't like to use.   With rocky soil those things may be your only choice so it may be good for your situations--it really depends on what crops you are trying to grow.  I use basket weeders (one set for row crops, one for stale bed prep), the Williams (for tine weeding only), a set of small hillers, and a potato hiller set up, all on old cultivator tractors.

  Paul
  Fort Hill Farm
  New Milford, CT

Message: 1