[Market-farming] hovering helicopter (Leigh Hauter)

sora at coldreams.com sora at coldreams.com
Wed Jul 12 18:35:48 EDT 2006

> How prevalent is this?
>
> For over 15 minutes yesterday we had a helicopter circling our farm
> (must have circled 15 or so times).  Spending a great deal of time
> over our hoophouses and greenhouse, scaring the heck our of our dogs,
> chickens and turkeys.  Do 'they' do this to everyone or are we being
> subjected to some sort of special attention.
>
> We're up by the border near British Columbia and this started many years
ago.  For several years these helicopters would circle incredibly low,
one time actually clipping a tree in my front yard. They had cameras
attached and were Border Patrol looking for marijuana fields. About 20
years ago a woman actually shot one of them down.  After that we found
pointing rake or shovel handles at them usually resulted in them
leaving.