[Market-farming] boxes

road's end farm organic101 at linkny.com
Sun Jul 9 19:35:42 EDT 2006

On Jul 7, 2006, at 10:38 PM, sora at coldreams.com wrote:

> How much are you folk getting for organic fresh raspberries?
> Anyone out there have a good source for paper berry boxes?

You could both try Sofco, which at least used to be willing to deliver
small quantities. (We now have a local supplier, but unless you're near
Penn Yan/Dundee NY their contact info won't help you much.)

About the tomato boxes: for one layer tomatoes I use quart berry
carriers (not the cardboard boxes, but the cardboard carrier they fit
into). These don't have a lid, but they are designed to stack. Finger
Lakes Organic at least used to ship heirloom tomatoes in them (to New
York City, among other places; I don't know if they'd work for really
long distance shipping.)

Here's a Sofco link:

http://www.sofco.biz/pages/agriculture/agriculture.php