[Market-farming] Gravely tiller

Robert Schuler sunnfarm at verizon.net
Fri Jul 7 09:53:02 EDT 2006

John. I bought a new Gravely 12hp back in 1971 and have been using it for mowing and snow blowing ever since. After 35 years the machine still runs good never needed any servicing and has all the original parts except for the spark plug. My dad had the old style model L for 20 years before me, these older models did not seem to hold up very well, often they vibrate themselves apart and leak oil from everywhere. If the model in question is the old model L I would not pay $500. A lot depends on how well the machine was kept, many sit outside in the weather. My tractor is always under roof and well maintained. The mower is great around the farm I can mow the lawn cut weeds and chip brush up to one inch thick, its like a mini brush hog. The snow blower works very well throwing dry snow 100 feet. The tillers are a waste of time... Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.