[Market-farming] marketing scapes

Sean Albiston lab at physics.umn.edu
Wed Jul 5 10:19:02 EDT 2006

I would suggest that you band them at the base and set them out
unbagged.  They don't dessicate easily6 and are more visually
appealing.   I had a number of folks purchase bunches as table
centerpieces.  I band 20-25 scapes @ $2.  To save time, band them as
they are removed.  In years past I have bagged them and they didn't sell
nearly as well.  It is a great celery substitute in potato salad.

sean albiston