[Market-farming] ps re shallots

road's end farm organic101 at linkny.com
Tue Jul 4 23:08:51 EDT 2006

Forgot to mention, but was reminded by just doing this -- to help
increase the size of shallot bulbs, pop the flower stalks off when
these appear; just like you would garlic scapes.

Unlike the garlic scapes, I don't try to sell these; they're not as
pretty as they have no curl in them, flavor is in my opinion not as
good, and I usually have as many scapes from the garlic as I can sell
anyway.