[Market-farming] garlic spacing

Goodwill at Homefields Farm scottb at lancastergoodwill.org
Thu Sep 29 08:27:00 EDT 2005

hi Sean,

5 rows across three feet, that's pretty impressive.  we are a training and
employment program for persons w/ disabilities, so hoeing around/between
garlic is a challenge for us.  am going to mulch well this year and leave
it on, then hand weed instead of using the tine weeder and hoeing.  it
cannot do any worse than in the past when we lost our garlic to the weeds
and couldn't even find them at harvest time.  Thanks for sharing your methods!

Scott

PS: do you use a precision seeder for anything?

Scott Breneman
Farm Manager
Goodwill at Homefields Farm
150 Letort Rd