[Market-farming] Frost Alert

SaladG at aol.com SaladG at aol.com
Tue Sep 27 14:26:04 EDT 2005

In a message dated 9/27/05 1:17:58 PM Central Daylight Time,
marketfarmers at thymeforewe.com writes:
Some people don't pick their winter squash until after a light frost kills
the vines.
Squash really doesn't have it best flavor until after frost.  Never lost any
cabbage, broccoli, kale, Brussels sprouts, pumpkins, or any other Cole crop
like this to frost.  Have found in most markets we sell in they are great for
fall sales because most people don't plant a fall garden in July when it is
really hot around here.  If I can keep it alive then it works great for fall and
let someone else carry in those 20# melons to sell.

Phil