[Market-farming] garlic spacing

Sean Albiston lab at physics.umn.edu
Tue Sep 27 12:56:09 EDT 2005

Scott, three rows per bed should work great.  I do quite a bit of garlic
and use approximately the same bed width.  I plant 5 rows across on a
38" bed.  Basically the rows are about 8" apart from each other with a
slim 2" on the edge of each bed.  I use about 8" for in row spacing for
most varieties.  I've given more space in the past, but found very
little difference in end bulb size once the seed is acclimated to your
area..

ATTRA has a publication on garlic production found at:
http://attra.ncat.org/attra-pub/garlic.html

sean albiston
blue roof organics
stillwater, mn