[Market-farming] Squash Plant Longevity

Allan Balliett igg at igg.com
Sat Sep 24 19:08:15 EDT 2005

Here's the Peaceful Vallye write-up for Kaligreen, the version of
potassium bicarb that has been recommended to us: Potassium
bicarbonate for Powdery Mildew Kaligreen is a contact-type fungicide
for the control of powdery mildew. It contains microencapsulated
potassium bicarbonate as the active ingredient and direct contact
with the fungus is absolutely necessary for control. Potassium ion
balance in the fungus cell is broken by Kaligreen; cell walls
collapse, shrinking the cells and destroying the fungus. Mix
thoroughly with water and add a spreader-sticker and agitate. Do not
mix with highly acidic materials since Kaligreen is a weak alkaline
material and decomposes in highly acidic conditions. Labeled for over
40 crops. Not for use through irrigation systems. Use at a rate of
2.5-5 lb/acre. Pesticide I.D. # is required for California commercial
growers.

About $40 for 5lbs, contrary to my earlier remarks -Allan