[Market-farming] Powdery mildew

Allan Balliett igg at igg.com
Thu Sep 22 09:33:01 EDT 2005

>I'd like to try this next year.  When do you do it?  I mean,
>as a preventive measure regularly?  If so, how frequently,
>please?
>
>Or when the powdery mildew first shows up?  Then how
>frequently?

I'm told that it can be done just once a season and it's BEFORE and
AFTER it shows up. I like to apply milk sprays every Monday, though,
which is intense by most standards. As a point of reality: I've
slacked off this late summer and, yes, I do have powdery mildew
coming on now. We are so busy, though, I've decided to not fight it,
figuring that my yields will not be affected by it, given that the
end of the season frost is only 2-4 wks away