[Market-farming] carrot germination

Marie Kamphefner kampy at grm.net
Mon Sep 19 17:36:57 EDT 2005

Regards to the list:

One year in August, I planted carrot seeds in 6 packs, watered them good,
covered them with clear plastic and left them in the basement where there
wasn't much light.  I took off the plastic when they came up and put them
out in the hoop house with the sides rolled up.  When the carrots were about
an inch tall, I transplanted them into the garden.  As they grew, I thinned
them, using the thinnings in salads.  Those carrots were fantastic and we
ate them up.  I can't remember what month it was when they reached maturity.

Marie in Missouri