[Market-farming] time to put 'em to work?

Robin Follette marketfarmers at thymeforewe.com
Thu Sep 15 14:53:47 EDT 2005

Articles at Farm & Garden on horses.

http://www.farm-garden.com/search/node/horse

http://www.farm-garden.com/heavyhorses

Robin Follette
Thyme For Ewe Farm  www.thymeforewe.com
Editor, Farm & Garden  www.farm-garden.com
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Old Timin'
  To: Market Farming
  Sent: Thursday, September 15, 2005 2:46 PM
  Subject: Re: [Market-farming] time to put 'em to work?

  I have also just this year started working with draft animals. I have a
  great belgiun mare that I use now. I also have a mammoth jack donkey that I
  plan to breed to my mare and make mules with. I hope to use my mare to train
  my mule to work also. I find them far more enjoyable that engine powered
  equipment. If you just look at speed they are not the best method. It is
  when you look at their other traits that their advantages come out. You can
  work the soil much earlier with animals, they are quieter, anything that
  leaks out of them in the field is good for the soil, they make fertilizer
  for you and can help make their own fuel, they come out to greet you when
  you go out to them,they smell better IMHO, and they can do many other non
  gardening things, like pleasure riding etc..
  Oldtimin