[Market-farming] Legume Cover Crops and Green Manure

Joyce Paski elderberrywine4u at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 14 08:52:47 EDT 2005

If you go to www.sare.org you can view the Managing Cover Crops booklet online.  There is a nice chart and info sections on various cover crops/green manures.  Looks like subterranean clovers might be your best bet.  There is one type listed -- T. calcycinum -- that only needs 12 inches/yr of water.  Good luck.

TxBeeFarmer HotPop <txbeefarmer at hotpop.com> wrote:

I need suggestions for legume based, green manure/cover crops on my
vegetable garden this Fall , Winter, and Spring. The garden covers 2 acres
with sandy loam soil. Rainfall averages 18 inches/yr.and is in west Texas
zone 7b. No irrigation is available.

http://mail.yahoo.com