[Market-farming] Lemon Cucumbers

marcy marcy at aculink.net
Wed Sep 7 22:53:55 EDT 2005

I think all my saved messages from this list are lost. I'll be lost too...

I made some bread & butter pickles last night - some with green pickling cucumbers and some with excess lemon cucumbers. The lemon bread & butter are SO pretty - the tumeric really looks nice with the yellow cucumbers. I made some dills a couple weeks ago, but the color is a bit strange. The bread & butter look wonderful.

Thanks for the relish idea too. I'll try that with some green or red peppers.

Is it normal for cucumber sales to drop off this time of year along with summer squash? Though the squash sold better this week than last...

Thanks!
Marcy
SE Colo, zone 5