[Market-farming] unrolling round bales

herbthyme at simcon.net herbthyme at simcon.net
Wed Sep 7 16:21:16 EDT 2005

have any of you tried unrolling bales for mulching between plastic beds or
elsewhere?

Scott

I don't know about you...but I can't unroll a bale of hay myself...and my rows aren't that wide.  I should say that I have tried it...and it was not pretty!  The bales that I get are just too wide to roll down any of my rows...although I loved the idea when I once thought of it.  It would be nice to be able to do.  I think you could it with a big long steel bar...I can't remember what it is called...but we use it to adjust the belts on the tractor.  It is about 6 ft tall and takes all I have to move it around!

Courtney
Herb Thyme
Middlefield, Oh