[Market-farming] shade

Karen Sutherland & Roots Farm rootsfarm at marpin.dm
Mon Nov 28 08:47:22 EST 2005

Willie, Hi --

Does your okra really last the whole long season?  When you cut it back
at 6-8', do you get fresh bearing branches that make good pods?

We find that our okra (many varieties tried, only chicken manure used)
tends to have root problems as the plants get older and, even if the
plants are refreshed by cutting back, the pods get fibrous, hard or ugly
while still quite small.  Our peppers last much longer, going in and out
of productivity.

Thanks for your ideas.

All best wishes,

Karen

*Karen Sutherland **
**Roots Farm**
Organic Produce : Fruits, Roots, Vegetables & Herbs*
Cockrane, Dominica
767-449-3038
rootsfarm at marpin.dm <mailto:rootsfarm at marpin.dm>