[Market-farming] ducks and slugs

Karen Sutherland & Roots Farm rootsfarm at marpin.dm
Thu Nov 24 14:21:54 EST 2005

Hi all,

We are just moving into our best farm season now and moving right along
with us are zillions of slugs and snails.  Does anyone have experience
with ducks as slug control?  Are different varieties of ducks more
passionate slug eaters?  less passionate vegetable eaters?  What are the
problems/challenges with ducks on a farm?  Can they protect themselves
against large hungry boa constrictors or do they need some kind of
screened shelter at night?

We'd be grateful for any information from your experience or references.

Happy Thanksgiving to all and all best wishes,

Karen
Zone 10
--

*Karen Sutherland **