[Market-farming] Women's Voices in the 2007 Farm Bill--Pleaserespond]]

Robin Follette marketfarmers at thymeforewe.com
Wed Nov 23 09:31:54 EST 2005

Women's Voices in the 2007 Farm Bill-- Please respond>>>>My defining moment
in the women's ag movement came at the same conference where Cheryl spoke.
This particular conference had a pre-conference the day before that was only
open to women.  After listening to how it was a lovely program and this
large regional organization should put on more such conferences, I asked my
dining table mates how it would be if a conference would be staged where
only men could attend?  <<<<

Can you imagine?  We'd be screaming our heads off, and rightfully so.  I
attended the Women In Sustainable Ag conference in Vermont last month.  Men
were welcome.  They presented and also networked.   One of the best
conversations I had during the conference was with a male farmer who just
finished his second growing season.  It's a shame to shut people out based
on their sex.

One of the most beneficial things to come from the WISA conference was the
boost many new and aspiring women farmers got by networking with other women
farmers.  I heard a lot of them saying, "I can Do that!"

Robin Follette
www.thymeforewe.com  zone 4
http://www.farm-garden.com/robin