[Market-farming] winter market items

sora at coldreams.com sora at coldreams.com
Mon Nov 21 16:36:45 EST 2005

>> What special items do people on this list make and sell for the
> holidays?

We just did our last market of the season...We have been doing this one
the weekend before Thanksgiving and borrow the local Jr. High cafeteria
and do it inside. We bill it as the Farmer's Market Holiday Market and
Craft Fair.
We advertise heavily and have live music.
 I set up an all organic food booth and sell soup and chili and
spanikopita, focaccia, and salads.  I also have breads,muffins, scones,
jams, herbal vinegars, croutons, and a garlic pesto that they wait in
line for.
This is a terrific market for all, public and vendor alike.  But now that
it's over...I say whewwwwww....season's Over...time to study seed catalogs
by the fire!
          Happy Holidays to all......Sora at Paradise Valley Organics