[Market-farming] Will this work?

homegrownwisdom homegrownwisdom at ns.sympatico.ca
Wed Nov 2 08:04:30 EST 2005

Hi Folks,

We've been putting up our first hoophouses lately and have a question.

Have you ever tried laying lengths of plastic ACROSS the hoops instead of
lengthwise, attaching the ends on each side (by burying the ends or using
wiggle wire? I seem to remember seeing an example of this on the 'Net.) Each
piece overlapped on the next. For venting, they pushed the pieces apart and
held them there with some kind of rigid pole.

We have some good pieces of used greenhouse plastic that are not wide enough
for our strucutre (12ft W X 40ft L). The pieces are 16 X 50 ft and 14 by 40
ft.Does anyone have any experience with this style? Does it work? Will the
first big wind take it away?

Thanks for your in-put.

wendy
WinterGreens