[Market-farming] Horsetail

ktk2a ktk2a at earthlink.net
Thu May 26 12:46:58 EDT 2005

I have a couple of raised beds that seem to be growing nothing but horsetail.  One bed has only soil in it (done before I realized horsetail was going to be a problem) and the other has landscape fabric on the bottom.  The second bed is not nearly so overtaken as the first one, but still the horsetail is a problem.  I plan on digging out all the soil and laying some kind of protection on the bottom, then refilling.  Any ideas on what to use to line the beds with?  Seems like horsetail can grow through just about anything...

Thanks in advance...
Kathy
Cedar Glen, WA