[Market-farming] Spotted Cucumber Bettles

robert schuler sunnfarm at bellatlantic.net
Wed May 25 12:36:12 EDT 2005

There is an insecticide called Admire that works extremely well
systemically at controlling cuke beetles as well as aphids and
whiteflies. You can buy it in one pint bottles for around $90. That is
enough to treat an acre. I can not give you an exact rate but in a
hoophouse you can mix one teaspoon of Admire in 5 gallons of water and
treat about 100 plants by pouring a few ounces around each plant, the
roots will take it up and protect your plants for around 3
months.Because its systemic you will not harm pollinating bees and other
predators... There are baits you can set to attract the beetles before
they get on your plants, you will have to ask organic growers about that
one... Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.