[Market-farming] Re: Tomato Stakes

Tom at Limerock limerock at thirdplanet.net
Tue May 24 06:58:33 EDT 2005

I my quest for stakes longer than the 48's that are available, at a cheap
price, I came up with this:

Buy 5/4" x 5 1/2"  x 10' decking boards and and rip them three times and cut
in half, leaving eight 5/4" x 5/4" x 5' stakes for $1.05 each.

Anyone try this before?  Any thoughts on how they might hold up?  Isn't that
stuff usually still a bit wet from the preservatives?  After drying, would
it warp/twist?

I like the idea of a longer, stout stake for about half the price of rebar
and only about $.25 more than a 1" x 1" x 4'.

Thanks for all your thoughts.

Tom