[Market-farming] Heirloom Tomatoes

David Tannen david at centerville.net
Mon May 23 22:18:11 EDT 2005

While a 2' deep, double dug bed may be ideal the important thing is loose
soil to any depth.while developing this ideal.  One of the pragmatic reasons
for the close plant spacing promoted by JJ is for the leaves of the tomatoes
to shade out weeds.  I have successfully used these plant spacing on beds
that are nowhere close to a minimum 2' depth.

David