[Market-farming] rhubarb

mtlivestock crublee at libby.org
Fri May 20 19:56:45 EDT 2005

Before getting any rhubarb picked, my rhubarb (newly planted last spring)
went to seed.  There are some stalks ready to pick.  Can I pick the stalks
or will they be too bitter now?  Should I cut the seed stalks or ?  Would it
be worth my trouble to harvest the seeds?  The stalks are tall, about 1-1.5
ft.

Thanks-never had them go to seed so early.  Over average rain fall this
year.  Maybe it is the cheap, hardware store stuff.  I usually order from
nurseries, but I saw these cheap last year and picked up a few.