[Market-farming] Pole Beans

Janet Bachmann janetb at ncat.org
Wed May 18 17:52:12 EDT 2005

One of my aunts, who lived in Birmingham, Alabama, grew pole beans on
strings.  She had a wire strung between posts sort of like a clothes
line, then had strings running down from that.  I think the strings must
have been tacked to the ground next to the bean rows.  Or you could go
find somebody that doesn't mind parting with some river cane!
Janet Bachmann
Also Fayetteville, AR